Tuesday 15 December 2020

Ten Virtual Scenic Sri Lankan Views

 

I decided to compile a list of ten virtual natural scenic views of Sri Lanka from Google Street View. If any of the Google Street View content does not load, you can view them by clicking the “View on Google Maps” button. For the blog post image, I am using one I took near Kadugannawa featuring Bible Rock at the start of this year. I featured a similar image in my blog post “Diverse Views of Sri Lanka”. The first place I’m featuring was taken nearby in Kadugannawa itself. 


Here’s green scenery taken on Kandy Road.


A bridge overlooking the Negombo Lagoon.

A view of the Maskeliya Reservoir.

A view of palm trees by a railway in Bentota.

A view of the Mahamodara Lake in Galle taken from a bridge.

A view of palm trees in Kodikamam near Jaffna.

A field in Polonnaruwa.

This is also in Polonnaruwa. It’s on Bund Road featuring a lake. 

This is Arugam Bay with the rock formation Crocodile Rock seen ahead. I like the name Crocodile Rock as it’s also a song by my favourite singer Elton John who was the subject of my previous blog post.

We’ll conclude this list with the town of Inginiyagala in the Uva Province.

8 comments:

  1. There's such a contrast between Sri Lanka and South Australia. SL has so much greenery and water. I'd love it if they sent some our way, especially in summer! (As long as they keep the humidity to themselves.) Thanks Asela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see, Asela, and be thankful afresh for the diversity we have! Thanks for sharing
    Ranil Maama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its stunning, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. So glad you liked it.

      Delete