Thursday 16 January 2020

Diverse Views of Sri Lanka

This is the fourth anniversary of my blog, as I began it four years ago on this day on 16th January
2016. I like the fact that the fourth anniversary coincides with my 50th blog post. This 50th blog post
of mine deals with Sri Lanka which is the topic I feature the most on this blog. I was recently in Sri
Lanka and will be featuring photos of Sri Lanka in three sections, those being Colombo, Road Views
and Kandy.

Colombo
I’ll begin with a picture taken from the suburb of Wellawatte.

The following is a shot of a railway line by the beach, also in Wellawatte.

The Sysco LABS building.

A view of Beira Lake.
 

Independence Memorial Hall in Independence Square.

The park and walking path near Independence Square.

Taken from De Soysa Circus.

A few images of Colombo at night.


Road Views
The following three photos are taken on the Southern Expressway. The first image has an exit sign in kilometres which coincides with another blog post I’m working on, that being an article about how Sri Lanka switched to the metric system. This year marks the 50th anniversary of Sri Lanka’s decision the adopt the metric system. I thought I’d mention that as this is my 50th blog post.



A view of Bible Rock from a distance, taken near Kadugannawa.

Some Palm Trees.

A Sri Lankan petrol station on the Kandy Road.

A view from the Colombo Outer Circular Highway.

A small town close to Kandy.

A supermarket sign.

Trees and a hill.

Kandy
A view of Kandy Hills near Dodanwala.

Shops on Peradeniya Road.

Peradeniya Road at night.

A view of Kandy Lake.

Trees with a few buildings.

A road in Kandy.

Beautiful paddy fields in Gunnepana.

Kandy Hills.

So that was the photos I selected of Sri Lanka. I tried to showcase the diversity of Sri Lanka from the
places I went to on my recent trip home. Hope you enjoyed it. 

15 comments:

  1. It makes one realize how resplendent Sri Lanka is. Unfortunately this is offset by vile men - the politicos. It is great you highlight this unequaled god given Island. Thank you for sharing.
    Uncle Tassie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely pictures Asela. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to go back! :) You've captured some of the essence of beautiful Sri Lanka very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asele
    How well captured. Thrilled to see Gunnapane too!
    Much love
    A Prithiva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Asela for these lovely pics from my home town dodanwela/kandy.
    From
    Sherini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherini. I didn't know you have a connection with Dodanwela. 

      Delete
  5. Nice Pictures. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work Asela, thanks for the views. Roads look quite clean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Glad to hear you're interested in visiting Sri Lanka. I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete