Thursday 30 January 2020

Captivating Colombo

I decided to post a collection of photos I took in my hometown Colombo, Sri Lanka recently. Last
week I featured a similar blog post about Kandy, Sri Lanka. As I don’t live in Sri Lanka, being in my
hometown is a special experience. One of the things I like about Colombo is the urban atmosphere
and I am featuring that here. I am also including some nature. It is good how Colombo has a lot of
trees, which can be seen in most of these photos. We begin with a picture that has many trees. 

Inside Independence Square.

Roundabout on Independence Avenue.

Roads near Independence Square.


Buildings in Wellawatte.

Taken from the De Soysa Circus near Town Hall.

A railway line by the beach.

The top of a road.

Cafes outside the main ODEL store.

Photos of Colombo at night.




Trees alongside white buildings.

Walking path outside Viharamahadevi Park.

Highway entering Colombo.

Havelock Town suburb.


View of Beira Lake taken from Colombo City Centre.

So that was my selection of photos from Colombo, one of the leading cities of South Asia. 

6 comments:

  1. MY FAVOURITE IS BEIRA LAKE SHOT. THAT IS A GREAT ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 'Railway line by the beach', the mangroves and the sea brings nostalgic memories of my sea-bating days.- Uncle Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one of the night shot of the building with the green hue on the front. Nice.

    ReplyDelete